Christian Education Week — May 1-5 Community Building + Servant Working (Giving) Monday-Friday - Coin Challenge...
Grandparents & Friends are invited to join us at the school on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:45 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. 8...
NEON Dress Up Day - Come to school wearing your brightest
2017-2018 Registrations are now being accepted for Kindergarten to Gr. 9 KINDERGARTEN MHCS Kindergarten prog...
In February of 1978 a group of parents desiring to provide a Christ-centered education based on both Biblical truths and provincial curriculum met to discuss plans to establish a Christian school in the city of Medicine Hat. The school, which would serve families in both the city and surrounding area, would bring together the Christian principles taught in the home and church with those taught in the school.
Medicine Hat Christian School officially opened its doors as a private school in September, 1982. Classes were held in two rented classrooms within another school with 34 students from grades one to seven and three teachers. By the fall of 1985 the MHCS student body was such that the need for our own facility was imperative. 5.28 acres of land were purchased in the Ross Glen area and construction began in April, 1986 on the original 8,800 sq ft building. The portable unit that had been used at the previous school was also relocated to the current site and continued to be used. In September, 1986, school began in the new building.
By 1994 an expansion of 8 classrooms was added to the building. In 1999 a gymnasium was added and in 2010, 2 years after becoming an alternative school under School District #76, a new wing was added to the school which holds 2 classrooms, a learning commons, change/locker rooms for the gym and a kitchen The mezzanine was developed in 2013. In 2017 Medicine Hat Christian School houses 14 classrooms as well as a learning commons, gymnasium, change rooms and a kitchen.
MHCS Statement of Faith
- That man, the world, and all purpose is to be ultimately understood only in relation to God.
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- In our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh; His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His mediatory work, and His personal return in power and glory.
- That man’s disobedience to his Creator has broken the relationship of man with his Maker.
- The salvation of the lost and sinful man is through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and the regeneration of the Holy Spirit.
- In the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the believer to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the unity of the Spirit of all true believers, the Church, which is the body of Christ.
Proud to be a part of:
- PCCE (The Prairie Centre for Christian Education)
- Christian Schools International
- Christian Home & School Magazine
- Holmes, Shade - Principal
- Burry, Rick - Vice-Principal
- Stewart, Fay
- Allen, Karen
- Burry, Rick
- Clark, Rosalyn
- Gader, Shelly
- Hustak, Claudette
- Hymanyk, Michelle
- Krulicki, Sherry
- Kumm, Jennifer
- Moore, Amber-Dawn
- Sergeant, Sandra
- Shipley, Farrah
- Stacey, Kevin
- Swanson, Jessilyn
- Swartz, Suzanne
- Ziel, Penny